The IdeaPad 82K20015US has been one of the most sought after low- budget gaming laptops since its release. Paired with the relatively old but capable GTX 1650 graphics card and the newly released AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series mobile processor, the IdeaPad 3 was designed to attract users who who are on a tight budget , but refuse to give up on finding a system that will give them a fair gaming experience and also serve as a decent every- day laptop.
|Model||IdeaPad Gaming 3|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home 64|
|CPU (Processor)||AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 3.3 GHz(max 4.2 GHz) Cores6-core, Cache L3 – 16 MB|
|GPU (Graphics Card)||NVIDIA Mobile GeForce GTX 1650|
|Memory||1X 8 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM|
|Storage||256GB M.2 PCIe SSD|
|Display||15.6”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), 45% NTSC ,120 Hz, 250 Nits IPS display with 16:9 Asoect Ratio|
|Touchpad||Buttonless multi-touch touchpad|
|Speaker Output||2x 2W, Nahimic Audio|
|Keyboard||Full Qwerty Keyboard with numeric pad and white LED backlight|
|Conectivity (ports)||2 x USB Type A 3.2 Gen 1, 1x USB Type C 3.2 Gen 1,HDMI 2.0,Headphone/3.5 mm microphone combo jack,RJ45 LAN|
|Wireless Communication||Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0|
|Expansion slots||1 empty DDR4 SDRAM slot (max 64 GB RAM ie, 2×32 GB ) , 1 empty NVMe PCIe M.2 slot or space for a 2.5” SSD or HDD|
|Battery||45 Wh lithium polymer battery|
|Battery Life||5 Hours|
|Dimension||14.16 x 9.92 x 0.95 inches|
|Weight||2.25 kg (5 lbs)|
|Chassis material||Plastic (polycarbonate ABS|
|AC Adapter||Input AC 100-240 V (50/60 Hz)|
Strengths of the Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 ✔️
- Great performance per dollar (great value for money).
- Good heat management (kudos to the changes to heat sink and fan design)
- Solid ,crunchy and responsive keyboard
- Decent build quality
- Mostly Bloatware free except for MacAfee which can be uninstalled easily.
- Privacy shutter for webcam is pretty handy
- Simple and minimalist design makes laptop ideal for professional environments
- Good expanding/ upgrading support.
Weaknesses of the Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 ❌
- Battery life is mediocre especially when gaming
- No option to switch between iGPU and dGPU which would see a better gaming performance in some games
- Display is too dim to be easily seen outside at daytime and color accuracy is pretty low.
- Limited number of USB ports
- All ports are located at the sides of laptop, which means cable management can be very annoying
- Removing bottom panel isn’t the easiest (prying tool is needed)
- Sound quality from speakers is not the best
- No fingerprint reader or SD card reader
You may be looking at the weaknesses of this IdeaPad Gaming 3 and thinking they seem to be overwhelming but the truth is that they are mostly minor and things that can mostly be worked around. If you are looking for a very low budget system that will be ideal for everyday tasks and be able to exert enough power to run some games or crush some other intensive tasks, then this laptop at the current price point, has not many competitors. Upgrading its memory (RAM) especially, can add even more performance power to take on more intensive tasks. If you are looking for a laptop to use for tasks that require very high level colors and image quality like professional photo editing, unless you plan to use an external monitor connected to this laptop, we recommend you go for a laptop with a more color accurate display.